Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Loved Slew & Center in NINA

More
26 Mar 2022 16:25 #908 by stephan
Replied by stephan on topic Slew & Center in NINA
Hi!

I tried again last night. I confirm that I gave the latest StarGo parameters as mentioned by Stefano in his earlier post.

I started StarGO and did a sync home with the telescope/mount in CWD. Next, in NINA I perfomed a slew from the atlas tab. Then I did a plat solve from imaging tab, Inch. sync and re-slew as the target was not in range. NINA and starGO worked well. The Rosette nebula was centered and there was no problem with exposure and plat solving while the mount was slewing. This part works like a charm now. Thank you!

Next, I went to the framing tab. Note that I was centered already. However, I adjusted a small offset so the Rosette to have a better framing. NINA offers a button called capture & sync. When I pressed it, she mount started to slew again and went all the way to 90 deg DEC only to return to the initial position. I took some time to settle and some exposures/platesolves were taken to finally arrive at the defined framing position.

I was very surprised that such large slews were executed while the position was already really close to the desired position. A feeling remains that something is not quite working.

What do you think?

Best regards
Stephan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.