Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Loved Slew & Center in NINA

More
13 Dec 2021 18:04 #823 by Bou
Slew & Center in NINA was created by Bou
I have a Linear FR mount.
In advance sequence in NINA, "Slew and Center" or similar instrutions in a Sequencial Template, once started the "Slew" comand do not wait to finish and inmedialely gives way to the next comand "Center" running both at the same time ending in crashing the Plate Solve.
The last StarGo_ 656_B2 update is already installed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2021 07:43 #825 by Schaefer
Replied by Schaefer on topic Slew & Center in NINA
You need to go back to the previous firmware. The 656_B2 actually fixed an issue with synchronous slewing but unfortunately introduced a new one with asynchronous slewing. I communicated this already months ago here in the forum and also directly via email, but no fix was released yet.
I'm using NINA with the 620_SP6 StarGo version and all slews are properly awaited before continuing.
If you downgrade the driver make sure to downgrade the firmware as well and reload the default configuration that matches your mount. Then apply whatever StarGo setting you changed in your current config.

More
14 Dec 2021 12:18 #826 by Bou
Replied by Bou on topic Slew & Center in NINA
Many thanks Schaefer for your answer.
I will follow your suggestions.
I guess the firmware is downgradable.

More
14 Dec 2021 13:35 #827 by Schaefer
Replied by Schaefer on topic Slew & Center in NINA
Yes, the StarGo application will complain about the firmware mismatch after downgrading and restarting. Just update the firmware from there with the version that comes with the 620_SP6 version.
I also saw no need in the floating window that comes with the new version and cannot be disabled (if I remember correctly). So you'll end up with a less cluttered desktop.

More
14 Dec 2021 17:00 #828 by Bou
Replied by Bou on topic Slew & Center in NINA
I have downgraded to version 620_SP6. It is up and running without virtual keyboard, it's wonderful. It works with SGPro and NINA, but the StarGo window does not minimize unless you click the icon on the taskbar (Windows), ...a minimum issue. Thanks again for your support Schaefer.

More
09 Mar 2022 08:21 #883 by stephan
Replied by stephan on topic Slew & Center in NINA
Hi!

I have the same problem with NINA and the latest StarGO driver. Hopefully there will be a fix soon!

Clear skies
Stephan