Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question How to realize "Sync Home Position" in APT ?

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
More
11 Mar 2022 14:44 - 12 Mar 2022 10:30 #888 by Peter_S
Hello,
having now the option to start imaging plans depending on events (beginning of astro night etc) I would like to automatically start imaging.
can anybody tell me how a "Sync Home Position" is realized with APT: unpark, Sync Home Position, start tracking, Goto...
Stefano answered to my similar post already (thanks!) but it´d be easier to sync the mount in a way to my local sideral time while in home position (pointing at celestial north pole)
It doesnt make sense to take an image in Home Position and then solve it
Goto an offset position of a few degress and then solve?
thanks, Peter

M Uno, M Zero, Esprit APO ED 100, Lacerta MoFoc,
C8 EHD, Lacerta f4 Foto Newton + MoonLite LiteCrawler/Rot., MGEN III, W10 64 Mini-PC,
Last edit: 12 Mar 2022 10:30 by Peter_S. Reason: specify

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
31 Mar 2022 07:41 #912 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic How to realize "Sync Home Position" in APT ?
Hi Peter

By reading your workflow explained in this post, it seems that you perform a Sync Home Position after an Unpark. Is this right?

Please note that the Sync Home Position is not required after the Unparkm since, as described in the StarGo User Manual page 33:

"Using the Park function enables the mount to be switched off and restarted, even after many days, without losing the sky alignment."

So after the unpark the mount is already aligned with the sky and you can immediately start GoTo.

Your workflow can be even quicker and easy and may be performed as follow, removing the unecessary Sync Home Positiom:

Unpark -> start tracking -> GoTo

Furthermore, for fixed location setup it may be helpful the use of the "Realign Absolute Position" option. This feature allow to store in memory the pointing error offset and use it for future sessions even in case of setup power off.

The procedure to use this feature is explained at the following link:

www.avalon-instruments.com/support-2/tro...eature-in-the-stargo

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.