Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question Slew to Tracking Not Completing

More
24 Aug 2022 13:19 #1008 by RickB
Slew to Tracking Not Completing was created by RickB
I have the M-Uno running the latest software and under control of NINA my first slews after alignment do not finish and change to tracking mode. The mount does properly move to the target and the RA & DEC values stop changing but it remains in slew mode and does not change to tracking mode so NINA can continue the sequence.

Not sure if the mount is the issue or the ASCOM driver not updating the status change. Any thoughts.

Rick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2022 09:00 #1010 by Manitu
Replied by Manitu on topic Slew to Tracking Not Completing
Hi Rick
Did you also update the firmware to the corresponding StarGo version?
Same happened to me when I updated to StarGo 7 and forgot to update the Firmare to version 7 too.

CS Tom

More
26 Aug 2022 13:02 #1012 by RickB
Replied by RickB on topic Slew to Tracking Not Completing
I think both are current but I will check and reload everything to be sure.

More
27 Aug 2022 12:21 #1013 by Schaefer
Replied by Schaefer on topic Slew to Tracking Not Completing
Hi Rick,
I think I saw the same behaviour exactly once and solved it by restarting the mount...
If I remember correctly, I had an issue with my Laptop that day and rebooted it while the mount was already connected. Normally I first start/wake up the Laptop and only then connect the mount. So may be something doesn't get initialised properly in the mount/driver when the Laptop detects the mount during startup.
I didn't see this error again, so may be it really has to do with the order of powering things on. Which of course would be a firmware/driver issue...

Regards,
Stephan

More
02 Sep 2022 14:54 #1018 by Schaefer
Replied by Schaefer on topic Slew to Tracking Not Completing
I encountered the same problem again yesterday. The only thing that helped was restarting the laptop. Restarting the mount and reconnecting did not help! I guess the driver was in an undefined state and didn't unload by closing the connection and terminating the StarGo window. So only rebooting helped which is a bit annoying...