Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question EKOS Polar Alignment Tool no longer work with my Avalon Zero

More
09 Aug 2022 08:08 #992 by kodo
Hi!

I have the following:

- 90mm/F6 APO with 0.8x reducer/flattener
- Edge HD 8 with v4 Hyperstar
- Avalon Zero Obs FW 7.?
- All index files needed downloaded
- Astroberry 2.0.4 running on RPi 4

Suddenly the PAT stopped working with my setup! I upgraded to 2.0.4 and the polar alignment tool fails to work. If I select the "Find" speed and click start the mount starts to slew but very slowly and seems to time out. If I select max the mount slews but the operation fails without an error - it just says to place the scope in the home position and restart the process. Plate solving works perfectly though. It seems that the PAT fails to get a proper reading from my mount. This has worked very well in earlier versions but fails miserably in EKOS 2.0.4.

I've read somewhere that it should be possible to specify the speed in x * sidereal, say, 256x but I have no such setting in EKOS/Indilib control panel.

Has anybody else seen this behavior?

Cheers

(I've reported the same issue on the Indilib forum)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2022 23:18 #994 by Planet30

More
10 Aug 2022 15:13 #995 by kodo
Hmmmmmmmm... sounds interesting! Might be related although I get a feeling that the mount starts to slew using max velocity and then Polar Alignment Tool simply decides that it doesn't know where the mount is going without saying anything else. I'll se if I can enable looging and see what's going on here. Having said this the east/west issue that you're referring to sounds, well, in lack of a better word, "interesting" :( I hope Avalon releases a new FW soon.

Cheers

More
10 Aug 2022 15:17 #996 by kodo
Ha, my bad! I was too trigger happy! After reading through your threads I completely agree with you - this seems to be EXACTLY the same issue that I'm experiencing :) I hope Avalon fixes this ASAP. I love my Zero but this FW hiccup would be great to have fixed.

Again many thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Planet30

More
10 Aug 2022 21:46 #997 by Planet30
Glad it helped. Actually, Jasem from INDILIB figured it out. I am only the messenger and could confirm his assumption.

What is also interesting, but maybe not that surprising, it's the same issue with the StarGo (classic) and the new StarGo2 Pro. Very different controllers, but the driver set-ups might be very similar.

There is also an East/West issue when setting the slew speed to "guiding". The mount always moves East in the StarGO2... Another bug.

Vacation time now ... we have to wait a couple more weeks before we can expect any action.

More
11 Aug 2022 06:23 #998 by kodo
So, would you say that temporarily toggling the mount's east/west setting, perform the PA and then toggling back the east/west will make the PA routine work as intended? With my current settings plate solving and goto works perfectly, it's just the polar alignment tool that has this hiccup.

Many thanks!