Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Important StarGo2 - East/West mixed up in INDI/ASCOM motion control?

• Planet30
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Jul 2022 19:00 - 15 Jul 2022 19:21 #971 by Planet30
After I had issues with the Polar Alignment Assistant in KStars/EKOS, Jasem from IndiLib proposed to check the East / West mount and motion controls.

Indeed, in both EKOS and any INDI controller, when pressing the [East] button in the controller interface, the mount moves to the right and RA is decreasing. The same for pressing the [West] button: Mount moves to the left, RA is increasing. Both are wrong! RA must decrease when moving West!

When going to the browser-based interface, pressing the left arrow, moves the mount to the left.... But it does not say East or West!

North / South is correct, i.e. UP/Down.

Something is off here?! Is there a setting wrong? How can I fix this?

Attached a screenshot of an INDI controller showing the firmware and mount info.

In the SkySafari 7 Pro, one can setup mounts via ASCOM, INDI or SkyFi. The above described behaviour is identical for ASCOM and INDI!

Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jul 2022 19:21 by Planet30. Reason: Adding ASCOM and N/S comments.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daserpey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Planet30
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
16 Jul 2022 07:42 - 16 Jul 2022 07:55 #973 by Planet30
I can confirm after running more test, in the StarGO2 drivers, East and West are mixed up! Please, release update.
Last edit: 16 Jul 2022 07:55 by Planet30.

• Planet30
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
03 Sep 2022 09:16 - 03 Sep 2022 09:16 #1021 by Planet30
@Avalon - Any plans on updating the INDI & ASCOM drivers to fix the EAST/WEST mix-up and the guiding bug?
Last edit: 03 Sep 2022 09:16 by Planet30.