Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved Linear Wifi - No pulse guiding in RA

• Crescent
  • Topic Author
More
11 Mar 2022 21:01 - 11 Mar 2022 21:03 #889 by Crescent
Linear Wifi - No pulse guiding in RA was created by Crescent
Hello,

I've had very unstable guiding performance over the last sessions, sometimes it was quite good with RMS-values around 0,6 but high peaks in RA from time to time. Last night was horrible with a guiding graph bouncing up and down in both directions. I did the cross-star-test as provided by the PHD-manual and found out that there is absolutely no guide pulses in east-west directions.
Software: NINA, PHD2, Avalon Stargo, Ascom Driver
Tried changing all cables, restarting several times.
Slewing works normal in both directions, just no pulse guiding, see attachment of cross-star-test ...
Hope for help, CS Julian
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Mar 2022 21:03 by Crescent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Crescent
  • Topic Author
More
12 Mar 2022 10:19 #890 by Crescent
Replied by Crescent on topic Linear Wifi - No pulse guiding in RA
Update:
Testing the mount at daylight I held my ear on the housing and there were no movement sounds when I slewed RA to east. In other directions I could hear slight slewing sounds.
It came to my mind to reset all values, so I loaded the Linear.mcf and changed only location settings. Now I can hear the slewing sounds, so I hope the problem might be gone...

Is there an update to the recommended guiding settings in PHD? Because I read somewhere that the Z-Filter should work better than Lowpass...

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
15 Mar 2022 11:01 - 31 Mar 2022 07:16 #891 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic Linear Wifi - No pulse guiding in RA
Hello

In our tests the Lowpass2 options worked fine with every setups tested.

The Avalon PHD2 suggested parameters can be considered as a starting point for the users to find the best parameters for their setup.

So you can try also with the Z-Filter to see any performance improvement can be seen.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
Last edit: 31 Mar 2022 07:16 by Stefano82.