Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved Downgrading to the 620_SP6 version it's worst tha before

More
15 Dec 2021 21:09 - 05 Jan 2022 08:00 #829 by Bou
Due to the futility of StarGo vrs. 656_B2 with N.I.N.A. and my linear mount, I downgraded to a lower version 620_SP6.
The linear mount has been working perfectly 24 hours. Today in the night session the movement of the Ra and DEC engines started to move in the opposite directions.
There is no way to reverse the situation. Installed the same downgraded version and firmware from scratch and the situation did not change.
Last edit: 05 Jan 2022 08:00 by Stefano82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2021 07:32 #830 by Schaefer
Did you reload the mount config for your model after downgrading? I remember that the configuration changed between the versions, so it is important to load the proper .mcf file (I think that was the extension) after installing StarGo. I think it is on the System tab and you need to power off/on after loading the config.
Another thing to check are the 'reverse motor direction' checkboxes in one of the StarGo tabs (may be on the 'Advanced' tab?). Depending on how your mount is set up, you need to enable or disable the Reverse box.

More
16 Dec 2021 09:59 #831 by Bou
I reload the linear .mcf file and double check the motor directions in the StarGo each time I did the downgrade. What I do not understand is I used the mount the whole night after the modification with no problem at all. Yesterday I started a new session and the issues with the motors came about. I double check the motion of the motors in the StarGo and they were unchecked as usual for the linear.
Probably I am doing something wrong in the process but I want to believe this is not a rocket science to uninstall the new and installing the previous, but it seems to be obvious that something is going wrong that I am not able to see. This afternoon I will repeat the process a little bit more carefully and see what happens.
As a strange thing, once the old version is installed the flying keypad has disappeared completely. I recall that this key pad was there from time ago. Again, thanks for your suggestions.

More
16 Dec 2021 17:32 #832 by Bou
Finally, I think I found the solution about the problems with the vrs. 620-SP6.
When loading the .mcf file it must be saved so that it can be used when SG starts again, otherwise it will load the default file which may be different than yours. Is seems obvious but I did not think of it.
StarGo must not have administrator permissions; otherwise it will not be allowed to run in parallel with NINA or SGP.
I hope tonight will allow me to perform a general test that will be decisive.
Schaefer, thanks for your help and support, I hope this will be the end of this troubleshooting.

More
17 Dec 2021 11:53 #833 by Bou
Schaefer, problem solved. Last nigth everything was up and running with the previous version. Thanks again.

More
17 Dec 2021 14:20 #834 by Schaefer
Perfect! Now never change it again :)