Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question Red on/off power button on StarGo.

• ryanfraser
  • Topic Author
More
01 Sep 2021 00:58 - 02 Sep 2021 01:29 #661 by ryanfraser
Red on/off power button on StarGo. was created by ryanfraser
Hello - I have just purchased a Linear, and love the mount. In the stargo instruction mount, the red button is listed as a on/off power button, but in the manual it says this can be used to park or unpark. It is not clear if the button is actually for turning the power on and off? Can you please clarify if it is possible to power down the mount with this button at all?

Many thanks,
Ryan
Last edit: 02 Sep 2021 01:29 by ryanfraser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ryanfraser
  • Topic Author
More
01 Oct 2021 18:11 #716 by ryanfraser
Replied by ryanfraser on topic Red on/off power button on StarGo.
Just re-flagging this message as still looking for an answer. On my mount, the on/off button does not appear to function - is this normal?

More
02 Oct 2021 18:41 #717 by Schaefer
Replied by Schaefer on topic Red on/off power button on StarGo.
Hi Ryan,

Power on/off can only be achieved by plugging/unplugging the power cable. The red button basically activates/deactivates the tracking while the mount is powered.

Tracking (and I think unparking) starts when you just press the button. The small red light then stops blinking. To stop tracking you have to push it for 5 seconds or so. Now the red light starts blinking again, indicating that the motors are off.

Hope that helps,
Stephan