Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question NINA/PHD2 question

• John Myers
  • Topic Author
More
13 Jul 2021 04:47 #604 by John Myers
NINA/PHD2 question was created by John Myers
Hi. I am having a issue with NINA and PHD2 with an Avalon Linear mount. It is as follows: (1) I have no problem connecting the Avalon to PHD2. (2) I have no problem connecting the Avalon to NINA. (3) However, in order to use PHD2 with NINA, I have to connect to PHD2 outside of NINA. I cannot connect to PHD2 through NINA--the Stargo software rejects the connection. Which means that, although I can still use PHD2 to guide while I run a sequence so long as I initiate guiding outside of NINA, I can't use NINA to tell PHD2 to dither. Am I somehow misconfiguring something? Thanks for any advice you can give!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2021 02:50 #607 by crazycactus
Replied by crazycactus on topic NINA/PHD2 question
When I setup my M-Uno I first connect to Stargo by USB, quickly set my home position and then close Stargo (WITHOUT star alignment and WITHOUT connecting anything except the mount itself). THEN I open Nina, connect camera, focuser, filter wheel and PHD2. The location of PHD2 is set in Nina using Options/Guider Settings (using the full path). Perhaps it might work if you try my method. I guess, though, that you might just be connecting PHD2 to Stargo then opening Nina and trying to connect PHD2. That won't work because the Stargo Driver is still holding onto PHD2. I don't really know the differences between the linear and the M-Uno, but perhaps they are similar in this respect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.