Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved M-Zero OBS base flange bolts torque

• G_Gagnon
  • Topic Author
More
16 Feb 2021 20:30 - 16 Mar 2021 15:08 #489 by G_Gagnon
M-Zero OBS base flange bolts torque was created by G_Gagnon
Dear Avalon,

On page 33-34 of the M-Zero OBS mount, it is stated that the three base flange bolts should be tightened with the appropriate pressure if the mount is disassembled. Is there a N-m torque value that could be used for adjusting those bolts in order to have a more precise and repeatable adjustment? Or is it just adjusted by 'feel' (rotation without play, as mentioned)? Not that I have played with those, I have not, but if I ever have to change the rubber gaskets of perform some required maintenance, I would feel more comfortable knowing that I do not over or under-torque those bolts.

Thanks for the enlightment.

Sincerely

Gilles

NOTE for the M-zero obs with the Optional Motorized Polar Alignment kit: In order to allow the mount free rotation on the Azimuth, being at the same time firmly assembled on the base flange, the three bolts must be tightned with the correct pressure. This adjustment it is performed from the factory. So in case the mount will be disassembled from its base, it must be reassembled taking care to adjust the three knobs with the same pressure. To check that the system is fine adjusted, it is just necessary to try to move the mount on the azimuth with the keypad and verified that a smooth rotation is achieved without play.

Last edit: 16 Mar 2021 15:08 by Stefano82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
24 Feb 2021 11:07 #491 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic M-Zero OBS base flange bolts torque
Dear Gilles

In case of maintenance, for the adjustment of the three base flange bolts, it is not required a precise N-m torque value, this regulation can be simply performed “by feel”.

As stated in the M-zero OBS User Manual and noticed in your post, to check that the system work properly, just move the mount in azimuth controlling to obtain a smooth rotation without play.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

• G_Gagnon
  • Topic Author
More
24 Feb 2021 13:56 #492 by G_Gagnon
Replied by G_Gagnon on topic M-Zero OBS base flange bolts torque
Dear Stefano,

Thanks for your reply.

I won't stress over the bolts tension then, as it seems fairly easy to get a good adjustment without play.

Have a great day!

Gilles