Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question INDI 2.x Support - Timeline?

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
11 Dec 2023 13:30 #1266 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic INDI 2.x Support - Timeline?
Hello

We are working on a new StarGo2 version that will include the INDI 2.0.5, so you just need to wait for this release.

However, in order to use the AvalonUD driver, is not required to update the internal StarGo2 Pro INDI server, because is now available in the last 2.0.5 Indiserver version and it will be possible to find it in the Telescope drivers list when you want to use the local server mode from a remote device ( as the Asiair , Stellarmate, Ubuntu  etc ...)

Kind regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Planet30
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 Dec 2023 19:43 - 14 Dec 2023 20:00 #1267 by Planet30
Replied by Planet30 on topic INDI 2.x Support - Timeline?
OK... I started looking into this.

This is a 3rd Party INDI driver. It is not part of the standard INDI repository (INDI CORE). It would have been easier, if it would have been part of the standard repository.

I installed the latest KStars/EKOS today on my MacBook. In the EKOS setup, I can select the AvalonUD as a mount, but when I start the EKOS indiserver, nothing happens.

After some more digging, I noticed, that the 3rd Party drivers are not part of the standard KSTARS/EKOS drivers and are hence not installed on macOS. Might be different on other platforms.
Last edit: 14 Dec 2023 20:00 by Planet30.

• Planet30
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 Dec 2023 19:53 - 14 Dec 2023 19:59 #1268 by Planet30

We are working on a new StarGo2 version that will include the INDI 2.0.5, so you just need to wait for this release.

Thank you! This is good to know, that INDI 2.0.5. is not required for your new driver. It is required, however, for other new products from other vendors. I can wait. Not a big deal for now!

However, in order to use the AvalonUD driver, is not required to update the internal StarGo2 Pro INDI server, because is now available in the last 2.0.5 Indiserver version and it will be possible to find it in the Telescope drivers list when you want to use the local server mode from a remote device ( as the Asiair , Stellarmate, Ubuntu  etc ...)

The 3rd party drivers are not installed with KStars/EKOS on macOS, because they are not part of INDI CORE!  The native driver on the StargO2 still works!

Please, provide a driver that is either compatible with LX200/onStep or make it part of INDI CORE. This would facilitate things.

I requested ZWO/ASIAIR to install this 3rd party driver. Let's see what they will say/do.

Last edit: 14 Dec 2023 19:59 by Planet30.

• Planet30
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
12 Dec 2023 22:42 - 14 Dec 2023 19:56 #1269 by Planet30
... of course the native INDI driver on the remote StarGO2 is still available... which is good news for all other INDI-based tools.

Last edit: 14 Dec 2023 19:56 by Planet30.