Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question How to update Kstars for StarGo 2

More
24 May 2023 10:38 #1165 by Rio
Bonjour a tous,

Je suis dans une impasse avec les mises a jour de Stargo2. 

J'ai réussi à mettre a jour le firmware. 

Le reste, c'est devenu l'enfer. J'ai lu beaucoup de documentation, et testé beaucoup de commande pour rasberry et rein n'y fait. Si, je me retrouve avec une version de Kstrars plus ancienne que celle installée par défaut. La seule version disponible dans les archives accessible par la fonction and/remove est une version 5.3.1-1. La dernière est invisible ou inexistante. Votre aide me sera précieuse pour mettre à jour ce boitier StarGo 2.

Dans l'attente de vous lire,

Je vous adresse mes salutations.

Rio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2023 10:38 #1166 by Rio
Replied by Rio on topic How to update Kstars for StarGo 2
Hello everyone,

I'm at an impasse with Stargo2 updates.

I managed to update the firmware.

The rest has become hell. I read a lot of documentation, and tested a lot of orders for rasberry and kidney did not do it. Yes, I find myself with an older version of Kstrars than the one installed by default. The only version available in the archives accessible by the and/remove function is version 5.3.1-1. The last one is invisible or non-existent. Your help will be invaluable to me to update this StarGo 2 box.

Looking forward to reading you,

I send you my greetings.

Rio

More
25 May 2023 06:17 - 25 May 2023 06:46 #1167 by Planet30
Replied by Planet30 on topic How to update Kstars for StarGo 2
We are all waiting for this.

Updating the OS is blocked by Avalon. There is a shell script that blocks files from being updated. You need to unblock all those files and then you can update the very outdated indiserver and INDI drivers together with KSTARS.

Not sure how official this procedure is.

The INDI drivers on the downloaded version are buggy and outdated.  KSTARS/EKOS have had major improvements, but cannot be updated without updating the indilib, which is actively blocked by Avalon for no good reasons. 

So…. all my attempts to urge Avalon to update this „enfer“ has remained unanswered. 

Bonne chance !   Or better „Bon courage !“

PS: I speak German, English and French.  
Last edit: 25 May 2023 06:46 by Planet30.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rio

More
25 May 2023 06:21 #1168 by Planet30
Replied by Planet30 on topic How to update Kstars for StarGo 2
Actually, I run KSTARS on my Mac and connect to the SG2 „Pro“ by setting the SG2 as a remote indiserver. This defeats the whole purpose of the SG2 as a stand alone mini computer.

More
25 May 2023 11:37 - 25 May 2023 11:44 #1169 by Rio
Thank you Planet30.

I remember I tried to update the app library via the app upgrade command. I have just redone the manipulation and indeed, 56 of them cannot be updated. In my case, I even had a regression of the Kstars version. For a product that, let's say, is not given for purchase, the customer finds himself having it in the bone. In French, Bone can be understood as a system operation. The attached file shows your update blocking theory well!

Avalon will have to make a move quickly before the news turns on social networks.

Good day,

Rio
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 May 2023 11:44 by Rio. Reason: Not finish et not traduce in English, better for all !

More
25 May 2023 11:37 - 25 May 2023 11:41 #1170 by Rio
Thank you Planet30.

I remember I tried to update the app library via the app upgrade command. I have just redone the manipulation and indeed, 56 of them cannot be updated. In my case, I even had a regression of the Kstars version. For a product that, let's say, is not given for purchase, the customer finds himself having it in the bone. In French, Bone can be understood as a system operation. The attached file shows your update blocking theory well!

Avalon will have to make a move quickly before the news turns on social networks.

Good day,

Rio
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 May 2023 11:41 by Rio.