Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved StarGo2 Pro can conect to Stellarmate?

• daserpey
  • Topic Author
More
23 Mar 2022 15:53 #897 by daserpey
StarGo2 Pro can conect to Stellarmate? was created by daserpey
Hello,
I have a M-Due Mount with StarGo2 Pro. Before I have been using Stellarmate OS in a RaspBerry Pi and it has the latest Kstars and many configured profiles. I would like to use the Stellarmate as before but connecting to the mount through the StarGro2 pro it seems not to work. In Stellarmate on the mount drivers there is only the StarGo and cannot find any StarGoPro 2. Can I connect the M-Due to the Stellarmate somehow? Do I need an USB to USB or an ethernet cable? Is there a way to upadate Kstars on the StarGo2 Pro Desktop?
Thak you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Werner B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
24 Mar 2022 13:20 - 31 Mar 2022 07:15 #900 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic StarGo2 Pro can conect to Stellarmate?
Hello

Is not required any cable to connect the StarGo2 to the Raspberry Pi Stellarmate, you have just to connect them on the same network, then you can mange the StarGo2 Pro through KStars by using the IP address shown on the StarGo2 Pro display and the 7624 port.

So, if you are using Kstars, you have to add a profile, select the "Remote" mode, type the corresponding IP in the Host field and the 7624 value in the field port, then click on the save button.

Afterwards, you'll be able to connect to the StarGo2 by clicking on the connect button available in the KStars profile window.

Furthermore, by opening a web browser an using the same IP address, it will be possible to control the mount with the StarGo2 web app.

Attached you can find some useful screenshots.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 Mar 2022 07:15 by Stefano82.
The following user(s) said Thank You: daserpey, Werner B

More
07 Apr 2023 08:58 #1150 by Planet30
Replied by Planet30 on topic StarGo2 Pro can conect to Stellarmate?
I used StellarMate and the StarGO2. It worked. I used the daisy chain mode of INDI servers. This way you can run two INDI servers in parallel. The one on the StellarMate and the StarGO2 one.

There are tutorials on the indilib.org forum on multiple INDI severs connections. Whatever works in KSTARS/EKOS also works on the StellarMate.

I stopped using StellarMate and went back to ASIAIR, which I prefer personally. Even though ASIAIR is still not fully supported/compatible with the StarGO2.