Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question Correct configuration file for mount.

• AlexN-Astro
  • Topic Author
More
02 Apr 2024 23:34 #1288 by AlexN-Astro
Correct configuration file for mount. was created by AlexN-Astro
Hi. I've just got my M-Zero that I bought 2nd hand and I've been having some issues with it, but I think I have everything sorted now except for one thing.
It appears that the mount is tracking slightly slow, as a result, I can't plate solve targets, because the stars appear as small lines, not round points..

After talking with the mounts previous owner, it looks like I have the wrong configuration file loaded, however, I wonder if its possible to know 100% what configuration file I should run.

The mount is an M-Zero, but there are so many configuration file options and gear ratio options in the stargo software for the M-Zero.

Configuration file and Gear Ratio Options are:
M-Zero-EQ
M-Zero-HQE
M-Zero-LHQ 
M-Zero-OBS
M-Zero-AZ

I'm quite sure my mount is not the OBS, nor the LHQ, as they both look considerably different to my mount, and I'm not running in Alt/Az mode, so it's either HQE or EQ for the gear ratios. I had been running on HQE, as that is the model that best matches my mount on the website, however the previous owner was running EQ gear ratios. I've not seen any information for the EQ model anywhere, and searching the forum did not seem to yield any results either.

Is there a way to know based on the mount serial number or some other information, which is correct? 

Thanks for your assistance. 
Alex.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2024 06:33 #1289 by Pathogenese
Replied by Pathogenese on topic Correct configuration file for mount.
Hi Alex,

the HQ mounts should have an engraved "HQ" on the top plate of the RA arm. If there is no HQ use the the non HQ configuration file M-Zero EQ. 
CS 
Martin 

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
03 Apr 2024 08:38 - 03 Apr 2024 08:38 #1291 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic Correct configuration file for mount.
Hello
We confirm what told by Martin
- The M-zero HQ version use the M-Zero-HQE file (HQE is the High Quality Equatorial acronym)
- The M-zero standard use the M-Zero-EQ fileThe HQ logo is engraved on the RA body near the counterweight clamp (see screenshot below) 

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Apr 2024 08:38 by Stefano82.

• AlexN-Astro
  • Topic Author
More
21 Apr 2024 03:20 #1292 by AlexN-Astro
Replied by AlexN-Astro on topic Correct configuration file for mount.
Thanks for the confirmation... I have had a couple of opportunities to get up and running now, and the results have been outstanding! 

Getting an average of 0.39" total RMS guiding accuracy, and thus far, I couldn't be happier! 

Thanks again.