Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question M-Due Won't Track - RA shows "Upper Limit Hit"

• JethroXP
  • Topic Author
More
04 Sep 2022 04:48 - 04 Sep 2022 04:49 #1025 by JethroXP
I think my mount may have slewed one more revolutions the wrong way, now it says "Upper Limit Hit" for RA and won't Track. How do I know which way and how many turns to rotate it to get back to where it needs to be, or is there a way to reset the limits?
Last edit: 04 Sep 2022 04:49 by JethroXP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2022 21:31 #1026 by Planet30
Replied by Planet30 on topic M-Due Won't Track - RA shows "Upper Limit Hit"
Hi Jethro,

While I have not encountered this issue with my M-Uno & the SG2, you could check the configuration section in the web-based interface to the mount. In a browser, type in the IP address of the SG2.

Attachments:

• JethroXP
  • Topic Author
More
05 Sep 2022 11:01 #1027 by JethroXP
Replied by JethroXP on topic M-Due Won't Track - RA shows "Upper Limit Hit"
I’ve done that, it only shows what the limits are set to. I need to know what the mount currently thinks it’s at. I’ve tried loosening the clutch and manually spinning the mount in RA a few rotations in either direction but it still reports as being at the upper limit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Planet30

More
05 Sep 2022 18:41 - 05 Sep 2022 18:43 #1029 by Planet30
Replied by Planet30 on topic M-Due Won't Track - RA shows "Upper Limit Hit"
Hi. Now I understood. Tricky. Try checking the mount drivers & settings via an INDI interface, such as iINDI on iOS/iPadOS or KStars/EKOS on any other OS. Maybe you find something there. PhD2 has also an INDI interface, where you can connect to the remote INDI server on the StarGO2 and connect/enable to all the driver settings.

This is just a guess. I do not have the encoders, but often I have to go through this interface to check or to fix settings. Besides the actual mount driver there is also the AUX driver… not sure where the encoder settings are displayed or stored.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2022 18:43 by Planet30.

• JethroXP
  • Topic Author
More
05 Sep 2022 22:38 #1030 by JethroXP
I used VNC Viewer which shows me the front panel display, and looking at that it does show the current Az and Alt readings in degrees. And when I rotated by hand to near the meridian I see this:

What I don't understand is why it still says upper limit hit when the range set in the configuration is from 255 to -255 degrees.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Planet30

• JethroXP
  • Topic Author
More
05 Sep 2022 22:47 #1031 by JethroXP
Actually, as I sit here looking at the display, I'm noticing some odd behavior. If the mount were tracking I'd expect RA and DEC to remain constant (mostly) while Az and Alt would be constantly changing. And if the mount were still I'd expect RA and DEC to be constantly changing while Az and Alt remained constant. However the opposite is happening. The mount is still but RA and DEC are constant while Az and Alt are changing, this is very odd.