Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved M-Due/Stargo2 proper startup and shutdown procedure

More
27 Nov 2021 14:47 #804 by Planet30
Hello Stefano and other StarGO2 Pro users, is this normal?

After starting up, I almost always have to reboot through the web interface in order to be able to sync to home. Otherwise I get a failure message.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Nov 2021 14:49 #805 by Planet30
Great set-up :-)

Weather has been either very foggy or bad here… I had no chance to do any testing. I might miss comet Leonard pass through M3 :-(

• JethroXP
  • Topic Author
More
27 Nov 2021 17:41 #807 by JethroXP
Thank you! I’ve got it setup to be almost entirely remote capable.

I’ve never experienced the issue you describe, but I’ve also never used the sync to home function. What does that do? Or, what are you trying to accomplish by using it? I’ve also really only been able to use my mount twice in the month I’ve had it due to similarly poor weather conditions.

More
12 Dec 2021 15:23 #822 by Planet30
I have to tell the mount where it is, before I can use or control it. Either by un-parking it or by synching to home. Maybe you do not need this because of the built-in encoders?!

Anyway, the reboot seems only to be necessary when I wait too long between the booting and the synching. If I do the synching right away (and after the recent updates) it works.

• JethroXP
  • Topic Author
More
13 Dec 2021 21:30 #824 by JethroXP
Correct, the built-in encoders means the mount always knows where it is, even if manually slewed with the power off. For a permanent install like mine it means polar aligning once, and just plate solving periodically for fine positioning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Planet30