Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved How to remove Play on the Declination axis of M-Zero mount?

• atin4210
  • Topic Author
More
07 Nov 2021 20:05 - 22 Nov 2021 10:47 #768 by atin4210
Hi all,

I have a M-Zero mount and I can see that there is approximately a +/- 5 degree play on my Declination axis. I cannot lock the scope on the Dec axis, it still moves +/- 5 degrees. Is it possible to get rid of the play or am I looking at replacing parts in the mount?
I do remember that there was a very small amount of play when I first got the scope, but because I used it sparingly and did not do any astrophotography, I ignored it. Now that I want to do astrophotography, it's a big problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
-atin
Last edit: 22 Nov 2021 10:47 by Stefano82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2021 19:34 #771 by jg
Sorry I can’t help you with adjustments. Just so you know, I don’t have any play on my dec axis when the clutch knob is tightened. You may wish to consider having Avalon inspect it. Is it still under warranty?

M-Zero WiFi user

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
11 Nov 2021 09:36 #776 by Stefano82
Hello

In case it is required to tight the Declination axis, it may help to tight a little bit the belt tensioner. This operation it is better made after having received our instructions.

Furthermore, in order to better understand what happened, could be helpful to see a small video showing the mount behaviour. You can send us the video directly via mail if you wish also.

After watching it, we can provide you the required instructions to restore the correct functionality.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

• atin4210
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2021 07:27 - 18 Nov 2021 07:35 #787 by atin4210
thank you Stefano! I cannot get my movie (of the dec axis play) size to under 1.2Mbytes, so I cannot attach it to this message. I have sent the movie via email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with Subject: Movie of Play in Dec Axis of M-Zero

cheers,
-atin
Last edit: 18 Nov 2021 07:35 by atin4210.

• atin4210
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2021 07:28 #788 by atin4210
thank you jg!

• atin4210
  • Topic Author
More
21 Nov 2021 07:37 #792 by atin4210
Thank you Stefano for sending me the video (
) of M-zero Declination Clutch adjustment! It worked!

Cheers,
-atin