Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question M-Zero with TS100Q Balancing

• Maxdelm
  • Topic Author
More
16 Nov 2020 10:39 - 16 Nov 2020 10:41 #429 by Maxdelm
M-Zero with TS100Q Balancing was created by Maxdelm
Hello everyone, first of all excuse my english. I will try to do my best to be fully understandable :D

I order my M-zero and now i'm trying to balance my refractor. The set-up is M-zero with TS100Q+sony a7s with no-autoguiding. I have 0.5+1.0kg counterweights and 140mm CW shaft. For making the balance easier I remove my sensto senso focuser.

The DEC arm is attached in the higher position, because of the grip-battery of the a7s.

First with the DEC arm balancing :
- Positioning the refractor at 90° (like in the manual, fully horizontal) and try to get the best balance position.
- After finding it it does not move, even with small pushes it seem's fine, proud of myself
- But when i push the scope to the other side to check the balance it's not balanced anymore.

I found a video about the M-uno balancing and i see the same thing but i am not sure if it is normal (the part with the SC edge) ?

RA arm balacing :
- With the scope in 90° position no problem for getting the balance point in every position. I use all my CW
- If I start in home position (pointing polaris) i cannot achieve a good balance of the set-up

To me it's a issue that balacing can't be reach in any position. Can you give me some advices ?

Clear skies (not my case :()
Maxence
Last edit: 16 Nov 2020 10:41 by Maxdelm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2020 15:22 - 01 Dec 2020 15:27 #435 by maudet
Replied by maudet on topic M-Zero with TS100Q Balancing
hi

I've the same setup : m-zero + T100Q + asi1600

my technique :

1- make a good stationing using sharpcap polar alignement, take 10 min max (it's free)

2- have a good focus on guide scope because avalon motor adjust a little everytime.last week

exemple last week :

Emmanuel (from France)
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Dec 2020 15:27 by maudet. Reason: picture format

More
03 Dec 2020 06:34 #437 by ken.self
Replied by ken.self on topic M-Zero with TS100Q Balancing
@Maxdelm You need to have the focuser attached when you balance. Otherwise when you put it back you will be out of balance in both RA and Dec.
When you balance are you releasing the clutch? When the scope is balanced with clutch released a small push should make it move quite freely.

-- Ken
Avalon M-Uno; GSO RC8; ASI1600; Optec focuser; Aaeon UP/Ubuntu/INDI

• Maxdelm
  • Topic Author
More
03 Dec 2020 14:52 #438 by Maxdelm
Replied by Maxdelm on topic M-Zero with TS100Q Balancing
Hi Maudet, je pense que c'est avec toi que j'ai échangé sur webastro ? ;)

hi Ken,

Thanks for your answers. I'm in contact with Avalon about my balacing issues. I send them two videos about it and for them it's not a problem, the mount can handle it. I'ill try to upload the videos here, it may help others.

To be more precise Ken, i know about the motor-focuser, but i will not use it for now, because i dont have my micro-pc yet and the focuser is a sesto senso V1. When i'm doing the balancing i'm doing it with the clutch release. And as I said the balacing on DEC is fine on one side (scope pointing to the right, horyzontally) but when i move the scope to the opposite direction (pointing to the left) it's falling. The videos are more explicit, 'ill try to upload them.

Clear skies ! Maybe Friday night…
Maxence

More
18 Dec 2020 19:45 #445 by maudet
Replied by maudet on topic M-Zero with TS100Q Balancing
"Hi Maudet, je pense que c'est avec toi que j'ai échangé sur webastro ? "

et oui ... ;-)

manu