Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question M-Uno Upside down with ASIAIR

• VRzichtbaar
  • VRzichtbaar's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2024 14:58 #1283 by VRzichtbaar
M-Uno Upside down with ASIAIR was created by VRzichtbaar
I am trying to use my M-Uno with an ASIAIR-plus and more often then not the goto action from the ASIAIR results with the M-Uno arm up and the scope on the lower side. In a dome this really does not work.
I have installed the latest StarGo firmware. The other strange behaviour is that when sending the mount to the Home position often the mount does a full spin. Am I doing something wrong here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
15 Feb 2024 08:31 #1284 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic M-Uno Upside down with ASIAIR
Hello

In order to understand what's happening let's proceed step by step:

- The procedure to use an Avalon mount with ASIAIR plus is explained at the following troubleshooting article:
www.avalon-instruments.com/support-2/tro...nnection-with-asiair

- If by following this procedure you still notice this wrong pointing behaviour, we suggest to try with a simple planetary software as Carte du Ciel or Stellarium.
When by using a planetary software you'll see the mount pointing correctly, come back to the procedure explained on the provided troubleshooting article an try again.

- Pay attention that after the firmware update you have load the corect mount configuration file and note that, as explained on the StarGo software download area, after every StarGo Firmware update the standard mount configuration file (matching with the correct mount model) must be loaded.

Try in this way and let us know about

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.