Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question StarGo on Avalon M-Uno Disconnects Intermitently

• wilsolr47
  • Topic Author
More
03 Apr 2022 03:42 #916 by wilsolr47
I have a 2017 Version of the M-Uno mount and I have not used it for about 4 months. When I set it up again it said I had a non current version. I downloaded StarGo 656_B2 and I upgraded ASCOM to the latest version 6.6. Now I get it to connect on startup but after various times, never the same amount of time, the mount loses connection with the laptop. I've changed computers, USB cables, and rebooted many times and nothing keeps the mount connected. What version of StarGo and firmware should I be using and is it all working fine with the latest ASCOM? Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
04 Apr 2022 08:10 #917 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic StarGo on Avalon M-Uno Disconnects Intermitently
Hello

First of all, unless you are using the N.I.N.A. Version 1.10 HF3 (in this case you can keep using the StarGo 656 B2), we suggest to upgrade to the latest installer available, the Install StarGo 7.0.0 B1 downloadable at the following link:

www.avalon-instruments.com/support-2/sup...y/2-software-and-app

After the software/Ascom driver installation you should upgrade the Firmware as well.

In order to work properly the software suite should work with all its componentes upgraded as follow:

StarGo Ver. 7.0.0
Firmware Ver. 7.0.0
Ascom Driver V. 7.0.0.29

You can check if the configuration is correct by comparing the above informations with the StarGo Software System TAB after the software/ASCOM driver/firmware upgrade.

Try in this way and let us know about it.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

• wilsolr47
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2022 02:53 #918 by wilsolr47
Replied by wilsolr47 on topic StarGo on Avalon M-Uno Disconnects Intermitently
Thank you Stefano! I use SGP and I will upgrade as you suggested and see what happens.

• wilsolr47
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2022 17:25 #919 by wilsolr47
Replied by wilsolr47 on topic StarGo on Avalon M-Uno Disconnects Intermitently
The software update seems to have solved the disconnection problem. Thanks for your help with that. I am wondering if you have a facility in the US that can do repairs to M-Uno mounts. I seem to have a serious stiction problem with the DEC axis and nothing helps. I have tried polar alignment, latest software, balancing and cabling and nothing prevents the mount from producing sawtooth PHD graphs in DEC. Thank you for any advice.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
08 Apr 2022 15:05 #920 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic StarGo on Avalon M-Uno Disconnects Intermitently
Hello

For this kind of assistance, being a technical issue regarding a single user, maybe, the best way to go on can be via direct mail writing at the following address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

So, if you can provide us via mail more details and a small video showing your issue, we could have more informations to analyze it.

Maybe will be possible that we can fix it directly via mail assistance, via remote desktop session or via video call.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team