Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved Ascom driver does not connect to mount

• dmanca
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2022 07:32 - 26 Jan 2022 07:39 #866 by dmanca
Hi, I have recently updated my Merlino system to Win 11. I am using the Voyager and the Sky X for automation of the imaging process. At start up the Ascom driver of my M-Uno does not connect to the mount and therefore it is impossible for the automation process to continue. I have tried both using The Sky X to connect to the mount and Voyager directly (selecting ASCOM Mount - Avalon as mount type). The only way I have found to make the connection happen is to launch StarGo and then clicking on the connect icon, then selecting the Com port, but that is a manual process and does not work for automation. Before the change to Win 11, the start up macro of the Merlino was connecting the Stargo, after the update the macro still does almost all it should, but is not capable of connecting the StarGo anymore, it´s like the StarGo does not recognize the "StarGo command-Connect" sent by the macro anymore. In the end, all I need is a way to ensure that the Ascom driver connects to the mount when the mount is turned on or when TheSkyX or Voyager are asking for the connection.
Any help you can offer to solve this? Thanks - Davide. PS StarGo is version 6.5.6
Last edit: 26 Jan 2022 07:39 by dmanca.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dmanca
  • Topic Author
More
28 Jan 2022 09:28 - 31 Jan 2022 12:59 #868 by dmanca
Replied by dmanca on topic Ascom driver does not connect to mount
Hi, quick update on this for those who may be interested
I have removed the ASCOM platform as I had installed it long time ago and did not remember if I did it using Admin privileges. I re installed with Admin rights and now the driver connects to the mount automatically. I will do a few more tests, but looks like it is working
Last edit: 31 Jan 2022 12:59 by Stefano82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.