Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved StarGo LED doesn’t blink, COM Port issue only partially solved

• IsaStreit
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jun 2021 08:07 - 31 Aug 2021 14:09 #582 by IsaStreit
Good morning, After the first installation of StarGo I did the update by downloading the software here. However, the StarGo Firmware update is not functioning. I lost the COM Port connection and could only partially resolve this by going step by step through your video tutorial (force Com Port selection) www.avalon-instruments.com/support-2/tro...oesn-t-blink-anymore . I also inserted the Com Port Number (in my case 4) in the target window exactly as described on the support page. However, once executing the StarGo loader, it finds the correct Com Port but after a while is losing connection again (after clicking start). Also, the StarGo LED doesn't blink anymore.

What's the best way forward? Reinstalling once again the update? Other solutions? I'm running all programs as administrator.

Thank you for your kind support!

Best,
Isa
Last edit: 31 Aug 2021 14:09 by Stefano82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2021 18:53 #583 by danielh21
Isa,

This sounds like a similar problem to the one I had recently. To fix it I had to do a full uninstallation and deletion of everything Avalon on my computer including drivers. Simply reinstalling StarGo did not work. Try uninstalling StarGo, deleting the folder, and going into Add or Remove Programs and find the ASCOM drivers and uninstall them. Then do a fresh install of StarGo and the firmware should load.

Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: IsaStreit

More
15 Jun 2021 19:32 #584 by jimv
The non-blinking, StarGo LED may be the result of a failed firmware update after running the installer ( Install_StarGo_656_B2.exe in my case). I ran this installer, and subsequent firmware update, three times before the firmware update finally succeeded. For me, that solved the problems you are describing. /jim

More
16 Jun 2021 02:05 - 16 Jun 2021 02:31 #585 by danielh21
Hmm..I am set up again and this issue is happening AGAIN. All that has changed is I'm powering the mount through the AC adapter. Last time I had this issue it would happen whether I powered through the AC adapter or directly with a DC cable to my Pegasus powerbox. Tried two different USB cables and no luck.

Edit: it seems the error may have been trying to create a new configuration. I went back to my last working config and that solved the issue.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2021 02:31 by danielh21.

• IsaStreit
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2021 07:19 #586 by IsaStreit
Thank you all for your useful insight! I finally managed to fix the Com Port and the LED not blinking problem by going through the steps you described:
- Uninstalled everything
- Reinstalled the original software that was delivered with the mount
- Followed steps in tutorial StarGo shutdown unexpectedly www.avalon-instruments.com/support-2/tro...ut-down-unexpectedly
- Followed the steps to force Com Port
- Downloaded update here on the website
- run everything as administrator
- Deleted ASCOM drivers and reinstalled everything again
- Did a restart of my Windows Laptop
- Right clicked StarGo Loader and ran as admin
- It found the Com Port and uploaded the newest firmware file
- Ran StarGo app as admin
- Com Port back and red light blinking

I think that those were all the steps I went through and very glad it now works!

Thanks again and clear skies!
Isa
The following user(s) said Thank You: danielh21