Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved bug: ST4 input dead when keypad disabled (M Uno + MGEN II guider)

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jun 2021 00:25 #554 by Peter_S
Hello,
I experience a dead ST4 input of my M1: it happened from time to time, especially when cold'; but now the ST4 input seems to be permanently dead. The mount is new.
I checked the ST4 cable including changing the cable; checked the connectors; resets (MGEN, StarGo). The MGEN is working = sending signals (checked with a different mount). Unfortunately I dont have another guider to test.
Any suggestions are welcome
Peter

M Uno, M Zero, Esprit APO ED 100, Lacerta MoFoc,
C8 EHD, Lacerta f4 Foto Newton + MoonLite LiteCrawler/Rot., MGEN III, W10 64 Mini-PC,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2021 12:02 - 21 Jul 2021 09:25 #558 by Peter_S
update:
when setting the MGEN II to manual guide mode one hears the changing sound of the drives = the mount receives guiding signals
but calibration or guiding still was not possible
- the keypad was off an disabled (StarGo)

after connecting the keypad the problem was solved - but the issue happened with "keypad disabled" in StarGo.
I still do not understand that because nothing was changed when the problem occurred - software bug?
Peter

C8 EHD, Lacerta f4 Foto Newton + MoonLite LiteCrawler/Rot., MGEN III, W10 64 Mini-PC,
Last edit: 21 Jul 2021 09:25 by Peter_S. Reason: update: it is only the keypad, MGEN settings dont interfere

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
More
12 Feb 2022 22:46 #879 by Peter_S
Hello,
I double checked all cables , connections etc., it must be a bug:
As soon as the keypad is disabled (StarGo version 656 B2) the ST4 input is dead, regardless if the keypad is really connected or not.
When disabling the keypad (StarGo) then the MGEN II gets also disabled. The MGEN II standalone autoguider is connected via ST4 and controlled via USB / ASCOM. It keeps working but is effectless.
When disabling the keypad in the StarGo App the ASCOM GUI stays unchanged: "Keypad enabled"
and vice versa

@Avalon:
Please check this and please correct this bug.
thanks
Peter

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
17 Feb 2022 16:41 - 31 Mar 2022 07:46 #882 by Stefano82
Hello

We made some test guiding with an external device connected via ST4 to the StarGo and we could see that with the Keypad plugged the system works properly.

With the Keypad unplugged we could see that it is possible to perform a calibration and guide properly with the following procedure:

- Perform the Sync Home Position (if your mount is parked, just unpark it)

- With the "Disable Keypad" option enabled, perform a GoTo to the object.

- When the object has been centered, disable (uncheck) the "Disable Keypad" option, then you can start to calibrate and guide.

In few words: when you need to slew, enable the option, when you guide, disable it.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
Last edit: 31 Mar 2022 07:46 by Stefano82.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimv