Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved Stargo Losmandy G11 and Ekos goto issue

• supernovasax84
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jan 2021 13:49 - 17 Mar 2021 13:37 #462 by supernovasax84
Stargo Losmandy G11 and Ekos goto issue was created by supernovasax84
Hi guys,

please can you help me with issue in object: I follow Avalon guide for Skysafari (considering also point about South meridian), however the mount continues to go in opposite direction :(
I set mount in park position (pointing the polar star), power on stargo and astroberry/stellarmate and follow the connection process; after that I unpark mount, I select a star to align in South meridian and try a goto to Orion (at 7.30pm it is in the south/East side). The mount so go North/West... What can I do?! At the moment stargo has revers option for AR motor (but situation will not change if I put also DEC reversed or... If I let everything not reversed!).

Thanks a lot
Last edit: 17 Mar 2021 13:37 by Stefano82.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
12 Jan 2021 12:33 #464 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic Stargo Losmandy G11 and Ekos goto issue
Hello

Before to use the mount with SkySafari, we suggest to make a test with the mount connected to a PC/Laptop, then performing some GoTo with the help of planetary software such as Carte du Ciel, Stellarium etc.. it will be possible to check the the mount slew direction.

In case of one of both axis wrong direction slew, you can follow the instructions explained in the following topic in order to allow the mount to slew in the correct direction.

www.avalon-instruments.com/forum/install...kit-and-ra-dec-setup

After you are sure that the mount slew in the correct direction, you can watch the following tutorial to control your mount with SkySafari.

www.avalon-instruments.com/component/sps...stargo-and-skysafari

Please try in this way and let us know about it.

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.