Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question X-Solver Tool / polar alignment: updated with StarGo 620 SP6 or 656 B2

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
More
13 Feb 2021 11:37 #485 by Peter_S
Hi again,
1.)
I want to use X-Solver Tool for polar alignment and downloaded all the index files to a SD card of my Mini PC (W10), ansvr is installed and running.
After complete download of the index files to that custom folder of my SD card the DOS window keeps being opened and the programm continues with downloading all the index files again to the default folder: usr / share/ ..../ data
I have to stop the download because of lacking HD space.
Any suggestions to avoid that and to tell ansvr to use the custom folder?

where are the images saved (X Solver)?

thanks in advance
Peter

M Uno, M Zero, Esprit APO ED 100, Lacerta MoFoc,
C8 EHD, Lacerta f4 Foto Newton + MoonLite LiteCrawler/Rot., MGEN III, W10 64 Mini-PC,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2021 21:11 #486 by ken.self
Edit the file /etc/astrometry.cfg to point to where you saved your indexes

-- Ken
Avalon M-Uno; GSO RC8; ASI1600; Optec focuser; Aaeon UP/Ubuntu/INDI

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
More
15 Feb 2021 12:24 - 20 Feb 2021 23:46 #487 by Peter_S
Thanks Ken!
I did a complete reinstall and now it seems to work. Cant test because of the weather.

Does anybody know where the images taken by X Solver are saved?

CS Peter

C8 EHD, Lacerta f4 Foto Newton + MoonLite LiteCrawler/Rot., MGEN III, W10 64 Mini-PC,
Last edit: 20 Feb 2021 23:46 by Peter_S. Reason: I realized that X-Solver also canload images to solve

• Peter_S
  • Topic Author
More
15 Feb 2021 14:58 - 21 Feb 2021 00:03 #488 by Peter_S
update:
I tried many options (different exp., different binning, local plate solving vs internet plate solving...) and only 2 times (of 50...) images were solved (internet plate solve)
Images taken with each of those settings could be plate solved in APT - so it´s not because of the image quality.
Camera: ASI 2600MC,
I still cannot localize the images taken with X-Solver. In StarGo\pics there are nor images to solve.

If I load an image with X-Solver it wont be plate solved, neither locally nor via internet.
any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Peter

Last edit: 21 Feb 2021 00:03 by Peter_S. Reason: modifying informations concerning the images in StarGo\pics

More
12 Mar 2021 22:21 #509 by KlausKlausen
Hi Peter,
I encounter exaclty the same problem as you, all images can be solved via apt or other plate solvers, but not a single one using XSolver. I wonder how to find out whether X Solver does point to the correct folder where the ansvr data is stored. This is really annoying for a hi end mount. Would appreciate any suggestion before contacting Avalon directly.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
19 Mar 2021 09:16 #514 by Stefano82
After the last Windows 10 update it seems that something has been changed in the operative system configuration, so, in order to maintain the full compatibility with it and with the Ascom Platform, we are working for the release of a new X-solver version included in the next StarGo release that will fix this bug.

Soon as will be released we will update this topic.

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team