Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved NINA Park fail - updated ASCOM driver 7.1.26. or 7.1.2.5?

• Sturaro
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2023 11:22 - 26 Mar 2023 11:24 #1140 by Sturaro
Replied by Sturaro on topic NINA Park fail
I need to correct my previous statement.

In the simulator, both the Park() and FindHome() methods are synchronous. They return only when the action has been completed.
In the documentation of the FindHome() method it is explicitly written "Return only after the home location has been found," in that of the Park() method it is not, but otherwise the method would be called ParkAsync() like the equivalent Slewing ones.
I think this is why the Slewing property documentation does not mention the Park and FindHome methods.

I found a discussion in the "ASCOM Driver and Application Development Support Forum" that highlights this issue. I hope it may be helpful to you. 
Situational awareness during park and homing operations

If you decide not to change the driver, is there any other way to know for sure, from a software application, if the mount is still moving? 
I can modify the behavior of N.I.N.A. for this purpose.

Thank you,
Mauro.
Last edit: 26 Mar 2023 11:24 by Sturaro.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
28 Mar 2023 09:02 - 06 Apr 2023 07:36 #1142 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic NINA Park fail
Hi Mauro

Suggestions from users are always welcome here.

On the basis of your report we performed further tests and debugging on the driver and we found that, as suggested, after received the Park command the mount, even though the motors was moving, the driver reported the "No Tracking" status on the "STARGO ASCOM DRIVER" panel.

After this check we was able to work on the driver and now we can share a Beta Version that prevent NINA to display the Warning error message after the Park command is sent from within the software. At the same time, while the mount is slewing to the Park position, the status reported from the STARGO ASCOM DRIVER panel is set on "Slew" (see attachment), which means that NINA should have no more problems.

The Beta version is available on the following temporary link:
www.dropbox.com/s/bcfum4a9mjrekev/Avalon...p%207.1.2.3.exe?dl=0

Try this version and let us know about

Kind regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Apr 2023 07:36 by Stefano82.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sturaro

• Sturaro
  • Topic Author
More
30 Mar 2023 19:28 - 30 Mar 2023 19:30 #1144 by Sturaro
Hi Stefano,
this version works very well, both on Parking and on Finding Home.
Both NINA and a custom utility I've build works as expected.

Only the issue, already present in the previous beta but not on the official release, about ALT-AZ coordinates always zero still exist, as you can see in the attached image.
Anyway it is usefull (I show the current scope position in my control panel) but not madatory.
Slewing to AltAz coordinates work as expected (eg. pointing to Zenit for sky-flat). 

Thanks to you and your developers for the fix.

Clear sky.

Mauro.

Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Mar 2023 19:30 by Sturaro.

More
31 May 2023 11:15 - 31 May 2023 11:44 #1183 by Samuel
Replied by Samuel on topic NINA Park fail
Hi Stefano,

was this fix already officially released? I currently have version 640 SP7 installed (sent to me by Luciano on the 25.04.) which fixes the AltAz coords always being 0. I'm a bit lost with all the different unofficial versions.
However I think I'm still experiencing the same issue described here, i.e. FindHome ending before the mount has finished slewing, with Starkeeper Voyager.

Best regards,
Samuel
Last edit: 31 May 2023 11:44 by Samuel.

More
11 Nov 2023 18:00 #1221 by toriqo
Replied by toriqo on topic NINA Park fail
is there going to be a release for this version with the correct alt-az coordinates displayed in the app?

thanks

• Sturaro
  • Topic Author
More
15 Nov 2023 21:05 #1223 by Sturaro

is there going to be a release for this version with the correct alt-az coordinates displayed in the app?

thanks

I would also like to have a new version with both bugs fixed.
It has been more than seven months since the fix and we still have to choose between one bug and the other.

C.S.