Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question How to update Kstars for StarGo 2

More
25 May 2023 11:47 #1172 by Rio
Replied by Rio on topic How to update Kstars for StarGo 2
Hello Planet30,

Could you tell me the name of the script that prevents the update of the app library?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2023 16:41 #1173 by Rio
Hello dear community, I got the answer from Avalon Instruments. Avalon's update policy is very strict. I can't blame them for this approach, but I regret that the information remains almost a secret domain. I lost 48 hours before understanding that I could not solve the problem myself (there are times in life when wasting time is no longer even part of luxury). Finally, They gave me the solution and the link to completely reinstall the Stargo Pro 2 image. Ask by email and they will give you the solution (Requests and you will receive!).Special thanks to Luciano!Greetings,Rio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Planet30

More
25 May 2023 20:50 #1174 by Planet30
Replied by Planet30 on topic How to update Kstars for StarGo 2
Yes. That’s the problem.- There is a workaround. I have to check how this could be done. Give me a couple of days to check this out.

More
26 May 2023 05:29 - 26 May 2023 06:15 #1175 by Planet30
Lucky you and I am happy for you.

I have been asking for different updates several times and there were only minor fixes in one update that I received. The one concerning the update of the indilib and the INDI drivers to fix the SkySafari-driver bug still remains unanswered.

It would be good if the new firmware and OS update would be available on the download/support page.
Last edit: 26 May 2023 06:15 by Planet30.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rio

More
28 May 2023 14:38 #1176 by Rio
Hello,

I have a little trouble installing the image made from the data sent by Avalon Instruments.

The instructions to fix the boot boot on SD or USB, a knowledge of Rasberry Pi 4 is a serious plus. For me, I felt like I was in the arena with my bare hands, with the audience laughing! A little distressing the instruction manual (in fact there is none. They assume that we must know...)

The evolution compared to the previous version is not transcendent. I understand those who drive their mount from the outside with Kstars deported to a system with OS such as Windows, Mac or Linux. There is, in this operational mode, a form of desire not to depend on Avalon to use the latest version.

On the other hand, as stated by @Planet 30, I am interested if I can redo an update of the areas independently. I can't see these cogitations.

Good end of Sunday,

Greetings

More
29 May 2023 16:39 - 29 May 2023 18:35 #1178 by Planet30
Well, Avalon made it very clear in their very recent CN statement/announcement that they do not like people messing around with their OS and driver set-up. They said that there would be an update soon comprising all the latest versions of .... well ... everything (LINUX, INDI, KStars, ...).

www.cloudynights.com/topic/777934-avalon...mpetitor/?p=12715498

Let's see when this update is due.

This also means, I would risk being banned from this forum telling you more details about this work around. Well, the general LINUX command to check what is blocked is apt-mark showhold.
Last edit: 29 May 2023 18:35 by Planet30.