Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved Plate solve and sync with m-due

• c.granwehr@bluewin.ch
  • Topic Author
More
29 May 2022 11:36 #950 by c.granwehr@bluewin.ch
Plate solve and sync with m-due was created by c.granwehr@bluewin.ch
Hello

I'm wondering if a solve and sync is possible with m-due (StarGo2).

I also got an m-zero where solve and sync works fine with X-Solver.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
31 May 2022 14:10 - 15 Jun 2022 14:27 #951 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic Plate solve and sync with m-due
Hello

The M-due comes with the kStars suite already installed on the StarGo2, the application support the Solve, Sync and Center functions.

The same functions are supported by astrophotography softwares as N.I.N.A., SGP etc… that can all works with the StarGo2 Pro.

So, with the M-due, you can use one of the mentioned (or others) software/app to perform the Solve and Sync functions.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
Last edit: 15 Jun 2022 14:27 by Stefano82.

More
14 Jun 2022 17:49 #956 by Planet30
Replied by Planet30 on topic Plate solve and sync with m-due
Hi, you can either use KStars / EKOS as described by Stefano on the StarGO2 via remote login/desktop, or any other INDI based software such as the ASIAIR (Pro or Plus with the LX200 Basic mount driver).

I actually use KStars/EKOS from my MacBook Pro and use the StarGO2 computer as a remote INDI server in the EKOS settings. It is much easier than the Remote Desktop, which always has some resolution issues (LINUX ... they still haven't solved basic issues after decades).

I also use PHD2 from my remote Mac. PHD2 has an INDI client included and is perfect for guiding.

My rig is an M-Uno with a StarGO2 Pro computer & controller. The scope is an RC10 as the main scope.