Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Solved Hardware mount parking without Stargo

• nirvana
  • Topic Author
More
10 Apr 2022 23:17 #923 by nirvana
Hardware mount parking without Stargo was created by nirvana
Hello, here a manufacturer's quetion: Is there any way to hardware parking the mount, i.e. without using Stargo sofware? I have a Losmandy G11 with WIFI StarGo. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
14 Apr 2022 08:15 #924 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic Hardware mount parking without Stargo
Hello

In order to park the mount is required a software/device that can support the following ASCOM functions: Set Park/Park/Unpark.

This can be done via StarGo software or with external softwares/devices as, for example:

- N.I.N.A. software with Pc/Laptop
- ASIair or Stellarmate apps with the corresponding devices and tablet or smartphones
- Linux/Raspberry systems

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

• nirvana
  • Topic Author
More
20 Apr 2022 22:16 #928 by nirvana
Replied by nirvana on topic Hardware mount parking without Stargo
Thank you but in all cases a pc is needed to park the mount. It does not solve the problem. I need to park the mount via hardware in case of pc malfunction.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
03 May 2022 12:14 - 15 Jun 2022 14:30 #934 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic Hardware mount parking without Stargo
Hello

The PARK feature, in order to be triggered, require an ASCOM command to be sent to the electronic controller

That’s why is required a device and a software/app that can support this ASCOM function

In case of pc malfunction the park position can be done again after a new Polar Alignment.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
Last edit: 15 Jun 2022 14:30 by Stefano82.

• nirvana
  • Topic Author
More
05 May 2022 12:58 #935 by nirvana
Replied by nirvana on topic Hardware mount parking without Stargo
Ok, but in a remote observatory if the PC fails and you can not park the mount in a suitable position, consecuently you can not close the roof. That is the reason I need pc-software independent system. Maybe I should have started saying this. For example, in Geminis 2 controller from Losmandy you can use TAPI (from the creators of Talon6 observatoriosspag.es/tapi.htm) to park the mount via hardware through RS232 port. In StarGo in not possible beacuse it does not have serial port.
Thanks Stefano82

More
05 May 2022 19:59 - 06 May 2022 12:09 #936 by G_Gagnon
Replied by G_Gagnon on topic Hardware mount parking without Stargo
Just trowing an idea here.

If your StarGo supports USB, and WiFi or BlueTooth, and if both USB and WiFi/BT can operate concurrently (Mr. Stefano could confirm maybe), you could set up a redundant system where an Arduino with WiFi or WEMOS connected to the StarGo could run a watchdog routine to check the PC and if the PC fails to respond the Arduino would take over and send a sequence of commands to the StarGo to perform an orderly parking of the telescope, and maybe even close the observatory roof.

Hoping this makes sense.
Last edit: 06 May 2022 12:09 by G_Gagnon.