Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question M-Zero slewing

• MRPUGH55
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jan 2022 12:04 #838 by MRPUGH55
M-Zero slewing was created by MRPUGH55
My M-Zero takes a very long time to arrive at its target. Even when it is just a short distance away, the mount slews at a very slow pace. On long slews, I have to put in a 30 second delay before I can plate solve as anything shorter than that and the mount is still moving. Anything I can do to solve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2022 10:38 #840 by jg
Replied by jg on topic M-Zero slewing
What voltage are you using for Stargo?

M-Zero WiFi user

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
05 Jan 2022 10:21 #843 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic M-Zero slewing
Hello

Wich Slew Speed has been selected in the StarGo.exe “RA DEC” panel? (See StarGo User Manual page 28).

Please note that for Ultra Speed 15v are required (See StarGo User Manual page 32).

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

More
07 Jan 2022 09:40 #845 by Schaefer
Replied by Schaefer on topic M-Zero slewing

MRPUGH55 wrote: My M-Zero takes a very long time to arrive at its target. Even when it is just a short distance away, the mount slews at a very slow pace. On long slews, I have to put in a 30 second delay before I can plate solve as anything shorter than that and the mount is still moving. Anything I can do to solve this?

What acquisition software and which StarGo driver version are you using? The fact that the mount still slews but the software already starts plate solving sounds exactly like the bug in the recent Beta version of StarGo. I already pointed that out in multiple threads here in the forum as well as via email directly to Avalon. If using NINA (the current Beta version) I definitely recommend to NOT use the 656B2 version but the 620SP6. I'm not sure why the 656B2 is still listed without warning about this known issue...