Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question Stargo firmware confusion - SGP / Nina / Voyager

• ryanfraser
  • Topic Author
More
08 Dec 2022 19:24 #1102 by ryanfraser
Hello everyone. I have a Linear Mount. Currently, I am running the v7 firmware, however, I now see there are serveral Stargo1 firmwares released at different times, and the V7 is suggested to only be used with the Zero Evo.

SGP has been....challenging working with the Stargo software, ever since I bought my mount, no matter which firmware I am using. Are there any Linear SGP users with a smooth experience, and if so, which version of the firmware are you using?

Additionally, is anyone using NINA or Voyager, and if so, with which firmware, and is it working smoothly?

Thanks,
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
14 Dec 2022 16:11 #1103 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic Stargo firmware confusion - SGP / Nina / Voyager
Hi Ryan

Currently on our StarGo support area are available two versions:

- Install StarGo 7.0.0 B5 (for EVO-zero mount)
- Install StarGo 6.4.0 SP4 (for M-uno, Linear and other Avalon StarGo based mounts)

The StarGo BT is an app for StarGo Bluetooth boards and Android based smart device, that allows the control of some mount parameters.

For your mount is suggested the 6.4.0 that has been tested without issues with NINA. We received also some good feedback from SGP users.

Please try the 640 with SGP or NINA and let us know about it.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team

More
15 Feb 2023 18:52 - 15 Feb 2023 19:00 #1113 by MarkH
Hi Stefano,

I have to say I'm confused as well. Here is a screenshot of my Windows based Stargo software control panel. Note that the Stargo version is 7.08, loaded from the latest 640_SP6 package on the Support page. However the firmware seems to be version 6.40 from some time ago. I also seem to have a version 7 firmware file (SG_FW_v7.0.0a) I downloaded from somewhere but I haven't loaded it as I'm not sure if it will match the version 7.08 Stargo software loaded via the version 640_SP6 package. Does my firmware and software versions look self-consistent, please? Thanks

Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2023 19:00 by MarkH.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
16 Feb 2023 13:04 #1114 by Stefano82
Replied by Stefano82 on topic Stargo firmware confusion - SGP / Nina / Voyager
Hi Mark

Your software configuration is correct.

The "StarGo Ver. 7.0.8" identify the .exe version, that comes with the latest 640_SP6.

If you have also firmware file version 7, is probably because you have previously installed the 7.0.0.

So never mind what you see in the Firmware Upload folder, for this version and for your Linear mount you should use the Firmware 6.4.0 together with the 7.0.8 StarGo Ver. exe.

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkH

More
16 Feb 2023 16:56 #1115 by MarkH
Perfect, thanks Stefano :-)