Arabic Chinese simplified Chinese traditional English French German Italian Japanese Korean Russian Spanish

shopping cart

Question Using M-Uno Wifi & Sky Safari in a new location on Android phone or tablet

More
15 Sep 2022 17:18 - 16 Sep 2022 12:14 #1046 by RickB
I would like to use the M-Uno for visual use sometimes with an Android phone or tablet and not have to bring along a laptop.

I have Sky Safari connected but how do I get the mount set to the new location and from there do a multi star alignment. I see there is an app but it's saying it's only available for Bluetooth.

All of the above was easy to do with my Celestron or Losmandy mounts.

Am I missing something.

Rick
Last edit: 16 Sep 2022 12:14 by RickB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Stefano82
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Don't panic
More
16 Sep 2022 12:14 #1047 by Stefano82
Dear Rick

The Multistar alignment mode option is retained in memory.

So, if you have selected this option during your last connection with the StarGo.exe, you don't have to change anything with your mobile device.

The new location data are sent to the StarGo from you GPS device by enabling the "Set Time & Location" option in the Scope Setup settings.

With this option enabled, the connection require up to 60 seconds to be established.

So, as explained in the troubleshooting article linked below, as soon as the first connection as been completed, as long as the mount remain in the same location, is suggested to disable the option, in order to allow a much faster connection.

www.avalon-instruments.com/support-2/tro...stargo-and-skysafari

Best regards

Stefano
Avalon Instruments Team
Attachments:

More
17 Sep 2022 14:19 - 18 Sep 2022 14:01 #1050 by RickB
I was able to get Sky Safari and M-Uno to connect and slew to a target.

How do you "sync" the mount after centering the target in the eyepiece?

Rick

** Update**

The first target slew was way off so I had to put a Telrad on the scope and use the hand control to get into the area to see the target in the eyepiece.

After the slewing to the target I then refined the position with the hand control or the buttons on Sky Safari. Once it was centered in the eyepiece then I needed to go back to Sky Safari select the target again and press the align button.

Subsequent slews were close but not dead on. Probably because I'm just doing single star aligning.

I also found when first starting I needed to press the red button on the Stargo panel to stop the led from flashing and turn solid.

Also is there a way to have the mount change to a slower centering speed for the hand control buttons after the slew. It seem to default to slew speed after every goto.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2022 14:01 by RickB.