Its design follows the most recent technological development in this field, consisting in realising a very simple hardware characterized by a large field of applications such as the management of focusers, filter wheels, DSLR cameras, etc. without the need of frequent modifications to be adapted to new devices but maintaining the possibility to be controlled by a PC, smartphones and tablets.
Functions performed by the StarGO control system. It is composed by five main components:
1. The StarGO Control Box that can be embedded in the mount as for the Avalon Linear and M-Uno, or in a separate control box for the M-Zero (and for its use with all other compatible third part‘s mounts). It has the duty to provide the smart interface between the internal motors and the external world. It performs all the communications with specific components (Focuser, CCD rotator, DSRL camera, and other auxiliary devices) using direct connections and with Windows and Mac computers via USB. The wireless Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability is also integrated in the control box to interact with intelligent devices such smartphones, tablets and, again with Windows and Mac computers.
2. The StarGo Keypad allow the control of the mount, perform almost all the available and most needed operations
3. The StarGO software, entirely developed by Avalon Instruments, uses a computer to perform all the setup and management operations, including the control of various external equipment that can be connected to the control box.
The X-Solver is an application based on the Plate Solve solution. With X-Solver it is possible to build Sky Model till 24 stars that can be saved and used later even during other night sessions.
With X-Solver application comes two very useful tools: the Sky Model and Polar alignment. The Sky Model allow to build easily a sky model up to 24 stars. The tool provide an intuitive GUI that shows a 2D representation of the sky top view that can be designed from the user simply by the mouse double click.
The modeling function is particularly useful in fixed observatory installations, however for the speed of its execution, it may be used also for mobile installations, especially for visual observation (after a short period of CCD use at the very beginning of the session).
The Polar Align is a tool for a fast and easy Polar Alignment by using the Plate Solve function.
4. The StarGO-BT application for Android devices that allows to interface them with the StarGO control box via Bluetooth connection. With this application the Android devices become like a control pad. This application, as well as the PC StarGO, is under continuous development to add new functionalities.
5. The AvalonStargo ASCOM driver that makes possible the interaction between the StarGO Control Box and the most used astronomical software applications such as Phd2, TheSkyX, SNPP7, Maxim, SGP, CartduCiel, Stellarium, etc.
|Environment Operating Temperature||